Monday, July 21, 2008

Graphic Designers, Web Designers, Google Analytics, Photobucket, Picasa, Flickr ...Whew!

Hello again everyone. Well, I thought I was a graphic designer who made some great altar cards for the Latin Mass. Little did I know that I had to spend so much time and energy learning about blogs, web design, and how the world is flat now and all connected. Getting this blog and my related photo sharing sites connected with each other and connected with everyone else properly has been the goal. Let me share with you some of the exciting things that I have discovered and how it benefits all of us.

Time Magazine says that the top three players in the internet world are Google, Facebook, and Apple. As for Apple, I never have liked them so I won't even go there. However, I have taken great strides in making my stuff tied in well with the first two. Photobucket is closely tied to Facebook. So, by putting my pictures there, it ties me into one of the big three web players. Google owns Blogger and Picasa Photos so I'm tied in there. Yahoo, although not one of the big three, has to be in the top 10 anyway. Well, Flickr Photos is owned by Yahoo so I'm tied in there. In theory, all of my blog stuff and photo stuff should now be connected fairly well with the outside internet world. For my little business here, it should help it. And, that helps priests around the world get quality materials for their Tridentine Mass needs because they can get some of them from us or I can point to other sources that they may be interested in instead of our work. Lastly, as I develop my friendships with priests and organizations sympathetic to the Latin Mass, their links will appear on my pages as a few do already.

I must say that this is a lot of work but it's worth it. This is exciting to be so engaged in such ventures that take me virtually around the world as it does you. Thanks for putting up with this long winded post. I hope your week is starting off really good like mine is.

No comments: